SYSTEMS ENGINEER II
PRINCIPLE PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Systems Engineer II is responsible for the daily support and system administration tasks to support the IHT Enterprise applications. This includes systems like; Windows 2008 R2, Active Directory, Exchange 2010, and Lync in a VMware virtualized environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and support the enterprise collaboration environment which includes Exchange 2010, SharePoint 2010, and Lync, all in a virtual clustered and high availability configuration.
- Support other enterprise supporting applications including; antivirus, antispam, content filtering, encryption, mobile device management.
- Install and administer VMware ESX and ESXi.
- Manage and support network services to include Windows servers for File/Print servers, PGP encryption, and Active Directory.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support and assistance to Customer Technical Assistance Center - CTAC (Help Desk).
- Assist with system backup and restore setup and testing.
Other Related Responsibilities
- Follow and support IT business processes including change management, configuration management, and disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Active participation in Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity planning and testing. Activities to include actual live fail over and fall back exercises.
- Monitor systems performance and availability and make enhancements as needed.
- Provide advanced support and direction for the integration of 3rd party systems or applications required to support the business.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Create and maintain operational run books including visual system designs.
- Provide support and maintenance for data centers including installation of equipment and troubleshooting hardware and power issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience with Enterprise Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and Lync
- 5+ years Windows and Active Directory experience.
- 3+ years of experience with VMware (build, administer) experience.
- Good knowledge and experience in IT Security best practice.
- Experience with systems management and monitoring tools.
- Demonstrable excellent troubleshooting skills for both hardware and software applications.
- Ability to work and support off hours maintenance and support of servers and applications.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Prior health plan operations experience helpful.
- Communicates with ease up and down the chain of leadership.
- Experience with backup and restore tools – NetBackup experience a plus.
- MCITP or MCSE highly desired.
- Professional with ability to properly handle confidential information.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Exhibits behaviors consistent with iHT Values.
- Our Clients
- Our Team
- Performance Excellence
- Continuous Improvement
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience in Information Technologies.
- 5+ years Windows Server Administration experience.
- 5+ years Active Directory Administration experience.
- 3+ years VMware Administration experience.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to troubleshoot problems and find root causes.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations with ease.
- Team player with strong desire to assist and share knowledge.
- On call availability – must be willing to carry cell phone and check email during off hours.
- Must be able to sit and use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs without assistance; objects such as computer and peripheral equipment.
- Flexible schedule to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Travel requirements low – although some travel may be necessary to out of state data center.
- This position has no direct reports.
iHealth Technologies supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA/M/F/D/V