HEALTH SERVICE ASSOCIATE
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Health Service Associate is responsible for setting/confirming appointments with patients for a return call from a staff pharmacist.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Makes outbound calls for healthcare processes.
- Sets appointments for patients to receive a return call from pharmacists to discuss detailed healthcare processes.
- Ensures all details of the future appointment being set are clear and confirmed
- Acquires knowledge of Healthcare / Insurance processes in general for better understanding of programs.
- Captures and documents detailed notes during calls with patients including clinical notes.
- Buddy peers for exchange of process level information and collaborative learning.
Other Related Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following core competencies:
- Customer focus
- Multi layered communication
- Managing change
- Quality focus
- Results orientation
- Overall Health Insurer Knowledge preferred
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills
- Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Professional with ability to properly handle confidential information
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits behaviors consistent with iHT Values.
- Our Clients
- Our Team
- Performance Excellence
- Continuous Improvement
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Bilingual- English/Spanish strongly preferred
- Pharmacy technician experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency of MS Office (Word, Excel) required.
- Must be able to accurately type 40 wpm
- Effective Communicator both written and verbally
- 2-3 years of customer service experience particularly with telephony customer service
- This position is located in Atlanta.
- Must be able to sit and use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs without assistance
- No travel required for this role
- Must have flexibility and willingness to participate in the work processes of an international organization, including conference calls scheduled to accommodate global time zones.
- This position does not have any direct reports.
iHealth Technologies supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA/M/F/D/V